Pages

Friday 11 May 2018

fiafia recount

Recount

WALT: recount a moment in time.
WALT: structure our writing into paragraphs.

Your task
Write about the moment you waited at the side of the stage ready to perform for Fia Fia and then your performance on the stage.

  • What did you do?
  • How did you feel?
  • What did you see while you waited at the side of the stage?
  • What did you see while you were on the stage?

PLANNING: You now have 5 minutes to add the key words to your plan.  Do not write any sentences in the boxes below.

Orientation (Introduction): How will you hook the reader?
Who? Pt england kids.
What? It was fiafia.
Where? At pt england school  back field..
When? On thursday the 12 of april.
BODY: Describe what happened.
Paragraph 2 (3-4 sentences)
What happened while you waited at the side of the stage, ready to go on? I feel cold that night in fiafia.

How did you feel while you waited at the side of the stage? Nervous to go on the stage.

What did you see and hear while you were on the stage? I hear whistling, cheering.
Paragraph 3 (3-4 sentences)
What happened while you were on the stage? I feel proud of myslef.

How did you feel while you were on the stage? Happy when  i am dancing.

What did you see and hear while you were on the stage? Clapping to see there kids dancing.
Paragraph 4 (3-4 sentences)
What happened once you had left the stage? I feel happy when i got off the stage.

How did you feel after you had left the stage? I feel so cold off the cold.

What did you see and hear after you left the stage? I heard good job and welldone.
Conclusion (Summary)
How did you feel after performing at Fia Fia? Happy good but cold.

Would you want to do it again? yes.


Now that you have made a plan, it is time to write your recount in full sentences:  Pt england kids and It was fiafia At pt england school  back field On thursday the 12 of april   at fiafia I feel cold that night in fiafia. And i was  Nervous to go on the stage hear whistling, cheering I feel proud of myself and my cousin too happy when i was dancing. Clapping to see there kids dancing i feel happy when i got off the stage.

When i got off the stage i feel cold off the stage and i heard off the stage was good job and well done. I was happy but really cold at fiafia and i wish it can happen   





.












I know I have been successful writing because my recount:
1
Has an orientation to tell who, what, when, where.

2
Recounts the experience in paragraphs in the order the events happened.

3
Shares my feelings about the experience at the end.

4
Is written using verbs in the past tense (I saw, I walked, I felt).

5
Has sentences with capital letters and full stops.


Finished?
  1. Get feedback from a buddy.
  2. Create a drawing/image or add a photo (Check the Media link on our site).
  3. Share your writing and image on your blog:
Title
Labels: 2018, Writing, Recount, Fia Fia 2018, Ako3
  1. Add the link to your blog to our class Blog Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment